Asking for permission

Bodice 19:29 31 Mar 05

How do I give each pc permission to access files and what does the term no network path mean as both pc are connected to the internet??

Forum Editor 23:49 31 Mar 05

or a wired one?

You'll need to run the networking wizard on both machines. Make sure you give each computer a unique name, but use the same work group name (MSHOME by default) on both.

Then enable sharing on any files and/or folders which you want to share between computers. If you're sharing an Internet connection on these computers do NOT enable sharing on the root of a drive. i.e. don't share the whole of the C drive for instance. You enable sharing by right-clicking on the file or folder and selecting properties. Then select the sharing tab and choose the appropriate settings.

Bodice 00:48 01 Apr 05

Thank you for your response, (it is wireless)
I have tried all of that and it just doesnt work.
I think im just rubbish at all of this.

stebinnersley 18:24 01 Apr 05

i have similar probs, what i had to do to see the drives that i was sharing and get access to them was...My Computer,tools,map network drive \\computer name\name of the folder you are sharing

Bodice 20:32 01 Apr 05

THANKS ILL TRY THAT

macyorky 21:53 02 Apr 05

I have been having the same problems just tried the my computer route still no joy grrrrrrr

Bodice 21:57 02 Apr 05

I know its very frustrating. I feel like ive done everything i can but still cant get there.

Forum Editor 01:11 03 Apr 05

your setup precisely? You say that both PCs are connected to the Internet, and you've confirmed that you're using a wireless connection. I assume this means that you have a wireless router, and that both computers have wireless network adapters - is that correct?

Do you have firewalls running on both machines?

macyorky 23:12 03 Apr 05

yes I have a wireless router DSL604T and a d link wireless adapter didnt know I needed adapters with this set up. Both computers have fire walls but I turned then off and then put the router and computer IPs in the trusred zones fire walls are norton and windows

Forum Editor 23:29 03 Apr 05

I was actually asking Bodice, whose thread this is. It's best not to hijack someone else's thread, it leads to confusion - as you can see.

macyorky 23:38 03 Apr 05

Sorry about that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…