Asking for permission

Bodice 19:29 31 Mar 05

How do I give each pc permission to access files and what does the term no network path mean as both pc are connected to the internet??

Forum Editor 23:49 31 Mar 05

or a wired one?

You'll need to run the networking wizard on both machines. Make sure you give each computer a unique name, but use the same work group name (MSHOME by default) on both.

Then enable sharing on any files and/or folders which you want to share between computers. If you're sharing an Internet connection on these computers do NOT enable sharing on the root of a drive. i.e. don't share the whole of the C drive for instance. You enable sharing by right-clicking on the file or folder and selecting properties. Then select the sharing tab and choose the appropriate settings.

Bodice 00:48 01 Apr 05

Thank you for your response, (it is wireless)
I have tried all of that and it just doesnt work.
I think im just rubbish at all of this.

stebinnersley 18:24 01 Apr 05

i have similar probs, what i had to do to see the drives that i was sharing and get access to them was...My Computer,tools,map network drive \\computer name\name of the folder you are sharing

Bodice 20:32 01 Apr 05

THANKS ILL TRY THAT

macyorky 21:53 02 Apr 05

I have been having the same problems just tried the my computer route still no joy grrrrrrr

Bodice 21:57 02 Apr 05

I know its very frustrating. I feel like ive done everything i can but still cant get there.

Forum Editor 01:11 03 Apr 05

your setup precisely? You say that both PCs are connected to the Internet, and you've confirmed that you're using a wireless connection. I assume this means that you have a wireless router, and that both computers have wireless network adapters - is that correct?

Do you have firewalls running on both machines?

macyorky 23:12 03 Apr 05

yes I have a wireless router DSL604T and a d link wireless adapter didnt know I needed adapters with this set up. Both computers have fire walls but I turned then off and then put the router and computer IPs in the trusred zones fire walls are norton and windows

Forum Editor 23:29 03 Apr 05

I was actually asking Bodice, whose thread this is. It's best not to hijack someone else's thread, it leads to confusion - as you can see.

macyorky 23:38 03 Apr 05

Sorry about that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…