//some 3rd party need geo

Asking for CDROM on bootup

wetterfugal? 18:40 16 Jun 03

When I boot up My 'puter has suddenly started telling me that there is no CD in drive E and when I press cancel it tells me that there is no CD in drive D, this is correct, there is no CD in these drives which are my two CD drives.

I keep getting these messages alternatively and have to keep pressing cancel for about eight times before it gets the massage and stops. I can then use the 'Puter normally.

When I boot with two cd's in the drives it works ok. I have tried accessing other hard drive programs so that the cd drives were not the last to be accessed and then rebooting but it is just the same.

Anyone know what's happening?

slysy 18:46 16 Jun 03

A quick fix until a more permant one comes along.

Disable Autoplay on both drives?

I had the same problem on the last XP install I did, but it cleared iself after a few reboots.

I dare say a better response will come along......

wetterfugal? 18:52 16 Jun 03

Thanks for the quick fix, for some reason it has just started doing this, I will leave it for a while as repeated cancelling over comes it and perhaps a complete solution may be found

Regards VA

wetterfugal? 21:02 17 Jun 03

Hi! chaps, got you beat eh? Perhaps if I had said that the popup window was headed "qttask.exe - No Disk" It may have given you a clue. To see the answer click here It seems to be a common problem.

wetterfugal? 21:02 17 Jun 03

Resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…