Ashampoo WinOptimizer Platinum Suite

RKMonty 23:17 30 Mar 04

Hello all

Has anyone used the above software ??

All comments greatfully received.

Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:07 31 Mar 04

Every action can be performed just as well using windows tools and possibly a reg cleaner programme. Download RegSeeker, Adawre and Avant browser and you will save $50. Post again if you want to go this way.

G

RKMonty 00:31 31 Mar 04

Thank you gandalf for your interesting reply...
Yes this sounds an interesting option that I could use.......would be greatful of any further information.........sounds as if it performs the same functions.just one question is it a s user friendly ??..... I'm an average pc user..... thanks

GaT7 01:52 31 Mar 04

Agree with GANDALF. IMHO Ashampoo WPS is just not worth the $50. Some months ago I used the trial version for a week & hardly convinced I promptly uninstalled it. There are a host of freeware tools that will do the same if not more. If you tell us what software you need/looking for we can add to the good recommendations already made by GANDALF.

961 08:42 31 Mar 04

I've used it and found it easy and convenient but bought it on offer at around $20.

It's not as agressive as, for example, system mechanic, and so is unlikely to get you into trouble

It has an internet tuner to speed up internet access. Does anyone know of a freebie alternative?

RKMonty 14:42 31 Mar 04

Where was the $20 offer from ???

RKMonty 14:46 31 Mar 04

Crossbow7

Looking to clear up Internet history, files etc. MSN messenger, clean up hard drive of old and useless/empty files, clear all traces of uninstalled programms etc. A good general tidy/clean up.

Will be doing a complete system backup to an external hardrive shortly and really wanted a cleaner system for when I do a backup.....don't want to copy backup unecessary data.

Thanks

The Spires 15:12 31 Mar 04

click here CCleaner is great & it's free, small, fast, does what it says on tin.

The Spires 15:17 31 Mar 04

Oppps.. along with click here RegSeeker as mentioned above, will do most maintenance jobs.

GaT7 16:17 31 Mar 04

Also consider these freeware programs:

1. SpywareBlaster click here if you don't already have it. It blocks some ad/spyware in real time as you surf.

2. MailWasher click here / ePrompter click here /POP Peeper click here- they all let you read your email before downloading it to your PC so improving security from e-mail viruses.

3. Diskeeper Lite - defragmenter tool that's better than the native Windows one - click here.

Belatucadrus posted a thread about a list of freeware programs. Worth having a look there as well - click here.

Now you have a lot to trawl through! Good luck, G

GaT7 16:20 31 Mar 04

Should have mentioned the e-mail programs above let you delete dodgy messages off the server so you can keep them completely at bay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…