Ashampoo Winoptimizer 2008

iqs 20:39 01 Dec 07

Hello,

I have just installed Ashampoo Winoptimizer 2008 which was included on last months PC Adviosr DVD.

I have used all the optimizer functions except Defrag 2 and the Internet Tuner.

What is the difference between XP's own defrag and defrag 2?.
And can anyone offer advice on the best way to use the Internet Tuner please.My ISP is Virgin cable 20mb, and I am using a Netgear router.

Thank you all.

Cheers

iqs 14:04 02 Dec 07

sorry

GEEKSTA 15:40 02 Dec 07

just wondering,
is Ashampoo Winoptimizer making a difference to your computer??
because i had the older version??

:D

mfletch 15:46 02 Dec 07

Hi, I would not bother with the Internet Tuner it is manly for DIAL UP and you are on broadband,

The defrag is no different to the windows one just a different make it is safe to use,

mfletch

iqs 18:04 02 Dec 07

Hi GEEKSTA,
When I use Internet Cleaner,it detects and removes files which CCleaner,Window Sweeper and ATF leave behind.And Drive Cleaner seems very competent .But does it make a difference?.So far I have not noticed any difference in performance.But its free and like I said it finds files etc, which others miss.

Hi mfletch,
I will do as you suggest and not use the Internet Tuner.I did have concerns about this tool,hense the thread.If it not broke.......

Thank you both.
Cheers

iqs 19:54 02 Dec 07

Just used defrag 2,my PC did not like it.Thankfully I created a restore point before.
Could just be my PC but...........

GEEKSTA 16:45 04 Dec 07

pc did not like it??
what happened??

iqs 19:23 04 Dec 07

what happened..The PC would take 10 minutes to boot.When the desktop finally appeared I had lost all icons and toolbar.And I also lost the system restore option from control panel.Any ideas GEEKSTA
Cheers

mfletch 19:26 04 Dec 07

I am very surprised that a defrag can do that but?

Maybe is was the reg cleaner!

mfletch

realdealrep 18:36 27 Aug 08

I had been having trouble which bordered on a crash of my hard drive so then I bought Jv16 Powertools (macecraft.com). The problems I was experiencing seem to have been resolved. However, I have not seen any appreciable improvement in the speed of operation, which is probably because I have a very fast machine to begin with. :-o

conrail 22:20 27 Aug 08

been using defrag 2 for ages, unlike windows defrag it runs in the background, no need to stop working, with windows you have to stop the screensaver and leave the pc to get on with it, defrag 2 gives me a weekly update on how it is working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…