Ashampoo Firewall

thumbscrew 22:45 13 Apr 10

Any Ashampoo users out there who can talk about the difference between the Easy Mode and the Advanced? I've tried both and can't really decide which to use.

northumbria61 22:53 13 Apr 10

Easy Mode makes using it a breeze – you don’t need any special technical knowledge and everything is explained clearly.

Expert Mode (Advanced Users) has a FULL range of features if you want to/feel confident to use them.

In Expert Mode you can create detailed rules for every program, specifying exactly which ports and which types of connections you want to let it use.
Experienced users can also monitor both local area network connections and the internal connections inside your own computer. You also get detailed information on all your computer’s internal, LAN and external connections and communications settings and statistics, updated continuously at user-defined intervals.

thumbscrew 20:06 14 Apr 10

Cheers northumbria, just wondering if I use Easy Modewill I lose any protection?

northumbria61 21:06 14 Apr 10

I don't think you will lose any protection - here's what Ashampoo have to say -

# Easy Mode: Get full protection in seconds with Easy Mode and the Configuration Assistant. No expert knowledge required.

# Expert Mode: Experience users can activate this mode for powerful additional capabilities.

I do use/have used quite a few Ashampoo products although I haven't used their Firewall simply because I have had AVG for several years and just stay with it.

thumbscrew 23:27 14 Apr 10

Thanks pal...I'll "Take it Easy!"

northumbria61 13:41 15 Apr 10

Remember to tick box and click resolved to close this post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…