Ashampoo defrag vs windows defrag

jake2 16:22 26 Mar 07

I recently downloaded ashampoo defrag utility.
I ran it for the first time and then ran windows defrag just out of curiosity to see if windows and ashampoo picked up different things.
The windows defrag seemed to show the disk having a lot more fragmented files than usual after the ashampoo utility had run.
Any reson for this? is it better to use one or the other or both?

aine 17:20 26 Mar 07

I use ashampoo magical defrag, it is very good, most the time it is idle but if i check MS defrag it says the system does not require defraging

SB23 17:41 26 Mar 07

I've just reinstalled Ashampoo Winoptimizer 2007, as I found the tools included within the program work very well. I was finding that Xp was saying that defragmentation was ok and nothing needed doing, then a scan for disc health or a full health check at PC Pitstop click here was saying to run a defrag asap.
I've tried a few defrag utilities and they all say different things, I suppose its what your happy with.
Another one to try is Smart defrag from IOBit click here this is quite good, but I prefer Ashampoo.

Steve

jack 20:10 26 Mar 07

I have some times wondered about these utilities, being as useful/or more beneficial as purported.
Take defragmentation as an example. We know what is supposed to happen- a compacting routine
Windoze has it built in.
What can the others do that the operating system cannot?
I suspect some of this stuff is nothing more than a pretty 'Front End' and no more

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant