Ashampoo Burning Studio 6

guesswho2 16:52 08 Feb 07

Would someone advise if this writing software supports Universal Data Format or Packet Writing. The Telegraph guy Maybury reckons that this is desirable for backup writing. I'm presently using DeepBurner which doesn't support it.

GaT7 17:19 08 Feb 07

Packet writing is, in my opinion (& experience), the most unreliable method of storing data on a disk. Things may have improved recently though. It's far better to burn a multi-session disk (click here) & add/remove/update data this way.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 is not free. Give the *free* Ashampoo Burning Studio 2007 click here a try instead. Click on the 'Download Now' link found below (ignore the apparent expiry). G

RickyC :-) 17:30 08 Feb 07

Crossbow7, the April issue of PC Advisor includes Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 on the DVD.

Subscribers will receive their copies over the weekend, and it's in the shops next Thursday.

Instead of clicking on the link which Crossbow7 has provided, I'd encourage you to install the Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 application from the PC Advisor cover disc.

I've contacted Ashampoo to ask about UDF and packet writing, and will respond as soon as I receive a reply.

regards

Richard
Cover Disc Editor

guesswho2 17:36 08 Feb 07

Thanks Crossbow for replying.
And more thanks to the CD Editor! Your message is very encouraging. I hope to hear from you later about UDF.

GaT7 17:39 08 Feb 07

"Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 IS free on PC Advisor!" - sorry, I didn't know! G

RickyC :-) 13:31 09 Feb 07

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 on the PC Advisor cover disc does support Universal Data Format (UDF), but NOT packet writing.

See following chapter "Supported Formats" taken from the online help of the programm for more details:
++++
Supported Formats:

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 produces CDs that conform to the ISO standard (ISO Level 1 + Joliet), which means that they are compatible with all computer systems.

This application supports following formats:
ISO Level 1 or ISO Level 2 with or without Joliet.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 supports following DVD disc types:
DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD-R Dual Layer and Bluray-Disc. The file systems of the produced DVDs comply with the UDF 1.02 and the ISO 9660 Level 1 file system specifications.
If the DVD contains files larger than 2GB, the ISO 9660 Level 1 file system will not be used.
+++

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 is VISTA-compatible!
Readers who register for the free full version are entitled to use the free update (automatic update news inside the program).
+++

regards
Richard
Cover Disc Editor

guesswho2 08:53 10 Feb 07

Hi Richard.
Many thanks for getting back to me with such a comprehensive reply. I shall make use of the next cover disc!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…