ASCII fixed length files in Excel

Squeals 16:39 07 Oct 03

Excel has a limitation of 240 characters when saving a file as .PRN. I need to create an ASCII file of greater record length with multiple records.

How can I do this? Is there an Excel workaround or will I have to use another program? Will Access allow me to do this?

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Squeals

VoG II 17:43 07 Oct 03

You MIGHT be able to do this using a macro click here

Squeals 13:35 08 Oct 03

Thanks for this link. Have looked at the macro and feel that it is too complicated (my skills with VB are very much in the novice to incompetent class!!) Also concerned that if I have to pass this routine to one of my even less technically able colleagues, someone will end up throwing their toys out of the pram!

Am now trying to look at other applications which may resolve the problem. If not, will have to reconsider option to ensure file dropped down from our AS/400 is in appropriate format in the first place - just hope it doesn't need tweaking!!

Thanks again.

Squeals

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…