ASAP utility in Excel

Graham ® 11:01 26 Apr 04

I have just tried to open a saved Excel document. I was prompted that the ASAP utility (from VoG, of course) would expire shortly, download the latest version? I click yes, but got an error, and my document would not open. Tried again, click close on the box, and still my doc would not open.

Uninstalled ASAP, everything now OK. How spooky is that?

VoG II 11:18 26 Apr 04

If you go to click here and download the latest version all should be well again.

I think that this add-in is trying to be too clever trying to open browser windows. Its install routine is also a bit flaky - it launches Excel but I've then had to close Excel and open it again to complete the installation (on 2 machines, both Windows XP, one Excel 2000 the other 2003).

It's an excellent utility though :o)

Cesar 11:32 26 Apr 04

Like you I am using AOL9.0 BB after the warning in Excel I downloaded ASAP no proplems.
On another Matter When you leave AOL running without attentio for a while you get that annoying window telling you your Instant Mail has been closed and telling you how long since you have used AOL do you know how to get rid of it. It's not just AOL 9.0 it's been present in all versions of AOL.

Graham ® 11:32 26 Apr 04

Downloaded and installed latest version, thanks.

Graham ® 11:41 26 Apr 04

I don't get any of that. Sounds like one for the free helpdesk, or online help is good too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…