Artec DVD Writer problems

Jonty-comp 18:27 09 Jul 05

I recently purchased an Artec DVD ReWriter 16x DL from PC World as a brown box OEM version and i've had nothing but trouble since. Firstly the BIOS insisted it was a DVD-ROM sometimes and a CD-ROM other times, then it wouldn't play DVDs, and now it won't write them! I've managed to fix the first two, but whenever I insert a Memorex DVD+RW the My Computer icon changes from 'DVD-RW Drive(F:) to CD Drive(F:) and every burning program I have says 'write error'. Please Help! It would be a bit of a waste of money if I bought a DVD-RW and it couldn't 'RW!

BRYNIT 18:54 09 Jul 05

Every burning program Say's write error.

How many burning programs have you, it could be the programs are conflicting with each other.

Jonty-comp 18:59 09 Jul 05

I have Windows XP built-in
Nero 5 Express THEN
Nero 6 Reloaded DEMO (Off PCA Cover Disc)
Also Sonic RecordNow Deluxe 7 (Which came with it)

and maybe some small-time ones (I vaguely remember something called DropToCD but I can't find it anywhere!)

Joe R 19:16 09 Jul 05

have you tried, right clicking on the drive in my computer, select properties-recording, and tick, "enable cd recording on this drive", and apply.

Jonty-comp 19:20 09 Jul 05

I just checked and it says that CD recording is enabled, and that it is using the c: drive for the image file. I thought I might not have enough space but apparently I have 9.6Gb.

Mark10 16:43 10 Jul 05

Does the software that came with it have a "live update" feature to update the firmware?

Completealias 16:47 10 Jul 05

Is the drive compatible with the +RW format?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…