Artec CDRW tray not opening

JACC 14:43 22 Mar 04

I've got an Artec 52speed cdrw using W98se and now the tray does not open .Tried to open it with the emergency point but still no luck.Got the latest drivers ,ran scandisc , defragged i think i did all the right stuff but no luck .The light on the front of the drive flashes intermitidley as if it's trying to do something but it aint .There is no cd in the drive cos when i last had it open i opened and closed it half a dozen times ,it was ok , kinda slow but it worked ok .My dvd drive works ok , do i have a duff drive ?

Sethhaniel 15:00 22 Mar 04

opening My Computer
right clicking on CD Drive (D:)
then selecting EJECT

JACC 15:08 22 Mar 04

Hi Sethaniel,
Tried it with no luck i'm sorry to say .

Sapins 15:08 22 Mar 04

The flashing light is the drive trying to close again after attempting to open and only moving a millimetre or two. I had the same problem yesterday and having tried everything you have tried, including Sethhaniel's suggestion, I removed the drive, took the case cover off and checked for misaligned/broken, or loose cogs etc; I finally "rescued" all the small screws I could and threw the drive in the bin.

I am now researching prices to get a new drive.

Regards,

Sapins.

marilynbell 15:14 22 Mar 04

I don't know if any of these solutions will be of any help to you but here goes anyway. Last week my dvd player wouldn't open, the light was constantly on although the drive had disappeared from the list on my c drive, I tried everything (6hours worth) eventually I thought to empty everything from my docs ready for it to go in for repair, when I re-started everything was ok, so what was causing it I don't know whether I had too much in the docs or what. I also have and artec cdrw this also wouldn't respond a while ago but I found that this was to do with a card reader that I had installed (it didn't like the driver) it kept coming up the the programme was in use by accd codec I unistalled it and everything was ok, have you installed any new drivers for anything or any new progs, try uninstalling and give it another try, hope you manage to sort it out, by the way I'm on XP

Sapins 15:26 22 Mar 04

marilynbell, wish I'd seen yout suggestions yesterday:-((

Sapins 15:34 22 Mar 04

or even "your" suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…