Artec 48x cd-writer headphone out help!

livewire 15:57 23 Aug 03

I have a Artec CD writer 48x which has a headphone port with a volume control, even when i have this control set to max i hear no audio. My desktop speakers work fine but the port on my Artec CD writer 48x does not work. How can i enable this port? and also will this port play music and sounds from Windows or just the cd it is playing???

rickf 17:47 23 Aug 03

This port is not meant for listening to when you play the music through a player like Windows Media Player. But if you just simply put in your disc and depress the other button on your CD Player you will be able to hear music through your headphones. In other words its for use when you don't want to play through any softwrae player. Hope this is clear. Try it and you'll see the light or hear the sound as in this case.

rickf 17:53 23 Aug 03

Just to add that you can think of it as a standalone CD player w/o using the software player.

livewire 19:39 23 Aug 03

What button? i only have an eject button and a volume control...

BarryKeith 19:45 23 Aug 03

The port only works with an audio CD's, it will not play mp3-CD's. It should be active at all times, but will only appear to work when a music CD is inserted. If it does not, then it is faulty or your headphones are the wrong type.

rickf 13:39 24 Aug 03

Sorry did'nt read properly. BarryKeith is right, the drive is active when a cd is inserted. Should just play and you should be able to listen through you h/phones IF you do not play it through a software palyer. I had thought it was a CD or DVD drive which another button.

DieSse 15:04 24 Aug 03

The headphone socket only works with Audio CDs (as stated above) - not with any other tyoes of Cds, or general computer sounds.

The headphone socket on modern drives will be disabled if the standard thin "audio" cable is fitted to the rear of the drive. On modern systems this cable in unnecessary anyway - you could try removing it and see what happens.

You can connect your headphones to the speakers (if they have a headphone socket), or the sound out at the rear of the system (use a double adaptor if you only have one speaker output). If you connect your headphones there, you will hear all sounds from the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…