artec 1236 usb

yvie 10:33 12 Apr 06

Hi there
I have just bought a scanner from ebay called artec 1236 usb. I am running XP.

Try as I might I cannot get it to work.

I put in the cd, follow the instructions but it loads the drivers and a few other things but it doesn't work and it tells me that I will not be able to uninstall it either.
I have searched the registry and removed all files and folders I can find in programmes etc, and tried to download from other sites the xp drivers, but my pc really doesn't like it.

Apparently the seller used it on M E and it was fine.

I only paid £5 for it so have I made a mistake in buying it please? write ups look good....

Many thanks

Totally-braindead 10:44 12 Apr 06

Does the disk you are using have a XP driver on it? If not you may have to try another driver, I got my old Agfa scanner to work using the Windows 2000 driver you may be able to do the same. Alternatively you may be able to install and run the Windows 98 driver in compatability mode and that may work. It sounds to me as if there is is not a proper Windows XP driver for this scanner and as such you may be unable to get it to run under XP.

vinnyT 13:08 12 Apr 06

The xp driver is available from click here, you have to register to dload, but, it's free to do so.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…