arrows on desktop shortcuts

Ian Rolfe 16:41 14 Nov 05

Some time ago PC Advisor published details of a programme that removed those annoying arrows from the desktop shortcuts I've created. I've got that installed and working beautifully on my Win XP Home computer. I now have also a Win XP Professional computer and would very much like to find this programme again. Can anyone help?

Ian

Skyver 16:44 14 Nov 05

TweakUI, Explorer/Shortcut/Shortcut Overlay

click here

DieSse 17:39 14 Nov 05

But it's quite iportant to know what's a shortcut and what isn't. If you delete a shortcut, it does not delete what the shortcut refers to. If it isn't a shortcut, it'll delete the item itself.

Without the arrows, how will you know the difference.

I'm intrigued as to why you find them an annoyance?

ashdav 23:59 14 Nov 05

click here
Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
down load and install.
Double click on Explorer. Click on shortcut then tick the NONE box

ashdav 00:01 15 Nov 05

Sorry. Link is not very clear.
On the right of the linked page scroll down to Tweak UI and download that. Direct link click here

ACOLYTE 01:07 15 Nov 05

Regseeker from click here lets you remove the arrows from shortcuts,it is also a good app for cleaning the reg,removing the OE splash screen and other things.

David4637 14:04 15 Nov 05

You don't need to know whether its a short cut or a "directly connected icon". I removed the arrows by finding them in the regsitry. Can't remember the find string now, if you require someone will tell you. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…