//some 3rd party need geo

Arranging Files

Hofnar 15:00 14 Oct 03

My files have the tendency to be named in reverse order (W to A). After having changed them to the correct A to B setting, the next time I open the files, they have reverted back to the W-A setting. How do I change the default setting?

Pesala 15:15 14 Oct 03

In Windows Explorer, clicking on the column headers will sort by name, extension, filesize, or date. Clicking again will reverse the order. The order is saved when you exit from Explorer. That's in Windows ME

Hofnar 15:26 14 Oct 03

Not on my computer. It just reverts to the old one.

Taff36 15:35 14 Oct 03

In XP go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab and under advanced options tick "Remember each folders view options".

You can also apply these settings to folders and sub folders.

Hofnar 16:00 14 Oct 03

Remember each folders view was already ticked so I've unclicked it, Changed some folders setting and than ticked the setting in Control Panel again. So far that seems to work. Thanks for your help

Hofnar 16:17 14 Oct 03

Sorry Taff36 But they have all reverted back to W-A setting. A real nuisance. Will try again tomorrow.

pj123 18:08 14 Oct 03

Try this, and, like me you will never use Windows Explorer again. Go to the PCA Download page and scroll down to Utilities, File Management and download Powerdesk 5. It is on page 2. So much better than Explorer.

dave h 18:58 14 Oct 03

pj 123

One small problem - I use Powerdesk and it does the same stupid trick that Hofnar is complaining about. Have contacted manufacturers support, bnut no response yet......

dave h 11:56 15 Oct 03

Just found this link on another thread -

click here

Their solution -
1 in explorer, click on the name bar until the list is in the order you want.
2 Hold down the control (CTRL) key and click the 'x' in the top right of the explorer window (Making sure you hold the CTRL key down until it has closed).
3 Restart your computer.

pj123 12:10 15 Oct 03

dave h, sorry you seem to have the same problem with PowerDesk. My version 5 always opens in the same "state" as when I last used it, although I must admit I very rarely use the sort function, and if I do it is usually "Date Order".

As it is the free version, I don't suppose you will get much support.

dave h 12:39 15 Oct 03

pj123
Not the free version, so I'm 'HOPING' to get some support eventually........

See my tip above, it 'appears to' work in Powerdesk, but I've only just done it so we'll see.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…