Arock upgrades

nivekh 00:08 31 Oct 08

I have an ASROCK K8Upgrade 760GX socket 754 motherboard in my system with an Athlon 64 3000+ CPU. I have maximum RAM at 2GB and have upgraded the graphics card also.
Asrock made the motherboard upgradeable via a socket which takes an additional board which has a CPU socket 939, giving a choice of much better processors and it will take much more RAM.
Even though my motherboard is only 4 years old, I have as yet been unable to find anyone who can supply the upgrade board.
I have mailed asrock, but still not had any response.
Anyone out there got any ideas?

jimv7 11:13 31 Oct 08

Given the choices available I would look to upgrade via a new am2+ motherboard (if amd is your choice), cpu and memory, prices are very good now and to upgrade an older computer would cost almost as much.

nivekh 11:46 31 Oct 08

I know that there are lots of other options open to me. I just felt that since Asrock made this board upgradeable via this "Future CPU" socket, that just 4 years after production of the motherboard I can't actually get hold of the CPU upgrade board that they have on their web-site.
I've seen a similar one on e-bay, but it's for a different Asrock M.B.

jimv7 11:51 31 Oct 08

4 years is a lifetime in computer cycles. New 939 components are not easy to get hold of, although plenty of 2nd hand on ebay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now