Argos Webcams

Joe Wood 13:51 10 Apr 04

Hi

A few months back I purchased a friend and I purchased webcams from Argos, on a buy one get one free deal, at twenty five pounds for two. Having recently bought a new computer I have turned the house upside down looking for the driver CD. However, it's nowhere to be seen.

I have also spoken to the friend and he too hasn't got the CD!

Does anyone have a copy of this CD and if you do could you please either email me the drivers or create an ISO file and send that to me. My email address is [email protected] but this only supports attachments up to 1Mb so if it's bigger than this please contact me and I'll give you an alternative address.

Many thanks in advance.

Joe

Diodorus Siculus 14:01 10 Apr 04

What make is the webcam? It may be possible to download a driver / utility from the net.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:05 10 Apr 04

Is it the PRO-Q one with the silver and red cd?
if it is i have that cd but i think the driver is more than 1meg and the cd ISO would be near 700mb for all of it.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:07 10 Apr 04

Smart cam i think is the name not sure will check the driver size if it the same one.

Regards.

Joe Wood 15:10 10 Apr 04

The problem is I'm not sure what make it is - it was just the cheapest they had! It doesn't say any info on manufacturer etc in the catalogue. I've phoned Argos but all they could tell me was that they are imported from Hong Kong!

Here's a link to the product on the Argos website:

click here

If anyone has this camera and can email me the drivers or better still create an ISO of the CD that I can download I would be extremely grateful - I'm using a broadband connection so it doesn't matter if the ISO is 700Mb.

Many thanks in advance

Joe

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:16 10 Apr 04

Yep same as the one i have will try to zip the driver for you dont know how big it will be tho.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:31 10 Apr 04

Just emailed you the driver hope it right one.

Regards.

Joe Wood 15:49 10 Apr 04

I now have the drivers from "A Nickname", which have worked perfectly. If anyone else is looking for these drivers the camera is the Smart Cam that was mentioned previously.

Joe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…