Arghhhhh PC crashing

kane_2001 08:31 19 Apr 05

My PC has started to crash as soon as windows kicks in, I cant format the drives and I cant get into safe mode ( even that doesnt work ). Have tried changing drives and that still doesnt work, so now Im thinking its something else. The PC when it did work even took about 10 minutes to shut itself down. Im not exactly brainy when it comes to PC`s, so any advice will really be appreciated.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Diodorus Siculus 08:46 19 Apr 05

What operating system? IF XP click here
How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

Taff36 08:48 19 Apr 05

We need more information please. Post back some more details and you`ll get a better response. What make & Model is the computer? Which operating system? (Win2000, XP Home or Pro etc) How old is it? How much memory does it have? (Hard Disk and RAM) Do you know the motherboard manufacturer? Do you have the original set up discs or manuals for the computer?

The information AAAARGH! doesn`t help us. We would be guessing.

Taff36 08:50 19 Apr 05

Diodorus is on hand but even he`ll admit he`s guessing. Post back and I`m sure he can help you given more to work on. I may be away for a while but you`re in safe hands as it were!

Diodorus Siculus 08:52 19 Apr 05

Taff36 - guessing is all I ever do - I'm a professional "guesser" but it pretty much pays the bills! :-)

kane_2001 09:38 19 Apr 05

PC is a medion. its a P3 with 1Ghz processor. 512Mb pc133SDram. Not sure on the motherboard. I have a Hitachi 160Gb hard drive and also a 15Gb drive ( not attached ). PC is about 2 years old, wondering if its the motherboard but really have no idea as Im not that clever with PC`s.

Cheers guys

Diodorus Siculus 10:10 19 Apr 05

Only two years old?

What operating system?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…