Arghh blue screen of death - Vista

de_de 19:26 29 Feb 08

Hi,

Im running Windows Vista home basic on a cheap Fujitsu Siemens laptop, Turion 64 processor, 1GB RAM and all has been well for the first few months.

All of a sudden im starting to get the dreaded blue screen of death quite regularly. It happens when im on the internet. I use IE and it can suddenly crash when just looking at the screen and not actually inputting anything.

The screen shows the following

DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information

***stop:0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x88A7C534)

***tcpip.sys-address 88A7C534 base at 88A1E000, datestamp 478 ad 415

I cannot think of anything I have done recently except install 'ccleaner' from the the internet. I haven't added any new hardware or further software.

Any ideas, as this is starting to p*ss me off!

Many thanks

recap 19:31 29 Feb 08

There are many reasons for this behaviour click here to see if any are related to your behaviour..

mrwoowoo 20:51 29 Feb 08

Go to controlpanel>problem reports and solutions and take a look at problems to check and look at any solutions offered.
Could be a driver needs updating so make sure you have all drivers up to date.

mrwoowoo 20:54 29 Feb 08

If only happening whilst on the net,in internet explorer try clicking on tools>internet options>advanced and clicking the reset button incase an add-on is responsible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…