ARG...annoying problems with touchpad

Fateful Shadow 22:23 06 Aug 03

My touchpad for my laptop is driving me insane! Everytime I move it, it seems to either jump to another part of the screen, or move when I'm not touching it.

Can anyone tell me why it does this? It only happens occasionally. Is there any way to stop it?

mol01 22:32 06 Aug 03

U r not using a synaptics touchpad r u? I have 1 of these and this problem happens to me. Alsa I can offer no solutions or explanations my self except to say that if it completely locks up then ctrl-alt-del and end SynTPEnh.exe will unlock it.

Fateful Shadow 22:38 06 Aug 03

I am using a Synaptics touchpad. I find that if I stop using it for a while, the proper movements return. I don;t think I should have to do this however!

graham√ 23:01 06 Aug 03

Are you any relation to Faithful Thankful Shadow?

Fateful Shadow 23:05 06 Aug 03

I'm the same person i always was lol. I just changed my name and removed the 'thankful'

graham√ 23:28 06 Aug 03

Nice to have you back! To be honest, when I had a (Company!) laptop I bought an optical mouse out of my own money to use, as I couldn't cope with the touchpad.

Bebee 23:42 06 Aug 03

I find the touchpad works well most of the time, after a bit of practice, but it does seem to be affected by sweaty fingers in the hot weather. I manage with my work laptop, where I have to move around with it, but at home, like graham√, I use a mouse.

Djohn 23:48 06 Aug 03

Not sure why, but my son's was doing exactly the same thing yesterday. I did a sys. restore back to the day before, it re-booted and all is now working fine. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…