AREA CONNECTIONS

bunger 18:34 02 Apr 07

On my tool bar there is a picture of two computers with a red cross. When i click onto this it tells me "LOCAL AREA CONNECTIONS 3 A NETWORK CABLE IS UNPLUGED " What does this mean and how do i get out of it.

skidzy 18:42 02 Apr 07

Goto control panel/network connections/ and delete the unwanted connections listed,obviously keep the ones you use.

missingit 18:46 02 Apr 07

Assuming your not part of a network go to network connections and look for local area connections 3,right click it and click on disable.The icon in the tool bar should disappear.

Forum Editor 18:47 02 Apr 07

that your computer's network card is trying to establish a network connection, and it can't. If you're running a wireless network, and you don't need to use your computer's ethernet card connection you can disable it. If you do that you won't get the error message again.

Disable the card by clicking on the error message 'network cable is unplugged' and selecting the disable option.

Otherwise, you can get the message if there's a hardware or driver fault of some kind, but by far the most common cause is the one I've mentioned.

bunger 18:33 03 Apr 07

Thanks for that lads, i did what you sugested and it worked. Once again many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…