Area code

babes250 17:59 31 Aug 07

Hello everyone, i'm new to the site so i hope i have the correct sub-forum, anyway here goes....

How can i set my pc security settings so that no-one can track which area i'm from? For example i have a tracker on my myspace page which enables me to see who's been visiting my profile from their area codes, is there anyway that i could change my settings so it wouldn't come up as *birmingham* or whichever county i'm from?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated x

Jackcoms 18:21 31 Aug 07

Duplicate posting click here

spuds 12:10 01 Sep 07

Is this being fair to other users. You want to find out, but you do not want to disclose?

Note that the thread as been ticked without a response. Was the problem solved?.

Clapton is God 12:22 01 Sep 07

Have a look at the duplicate and, apparently ongoing, thread click here

spuds 13:00 01 Sep 07

Perhaps a misunderstanding in my wording. I was perhaps suggesting that it may not be fair and possibly 'above board', to hide or disguise an IP address from others as a step for confidentiality, when the posters seeks IP address's from other users, like the myspace website as mentioned above etc.

I note recently, that there as been quite a number of discussion and media reports about problems with similar websites, with the information being given or obtained, and how some details/particulars are proving false and deceptive. Apparently, stricter controls are now being considered on some of these sites!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos