Are you having problems with Yahoo/Lycos..are you

I have been unable to open my Yahoo & Lycos accounts for the last 5 days, emails piling up.
I had NTL rep round today who confirmed "chaos" with loggon to amongst others the above. He claims its a MSN problem todo with MS IE6 service pack & his advice was "wait for MS to send required upgrades". If anyone else has similar problems would be interested to hear.
P.S. [email protected] relpied to my query with, "Yahoo are currently experiencing an issue with MS & hope to rectify ASAP". As to who's responsible well that's anyones guess, what does seem obvious is it isin't a personel browser problem.
G

timber 18:27 08 Jul 03

am using yahoo and have had it on all day with no problems at all

timber

Valvegrid 19:36 08 Jul 03

I'm on NTL and use Lycos both using web mail and OE6 without any problem at all. I will mention though that Lycos have upgraded their server in the last couple of weeks, this may have something to do with it, I don't know.

I use Yahoo geocities for one of my websites, again no problems accessing it, apart from a problem with one of my GIF files.

By the way I use Win98SE IE6 or Opera and OE6 for email.

Paul.

I am interested in everyone's replies as I'm trying to establish where my problems lie. As per most network problems trying to get a coherent reply from either MS or your ISP, for me @ least generally poses more problems than it sorts.

Gaz 25 20:53 08 Jul 03

Isnt it something to do with this big hacking attack last sunday?

I think I heard that it affected big companies and search engines. Not sure,.

All I know is, according to Lycos my name password/ name etc not recognised. I haven't changed diddly so still no wiser.
G

Valvegrid 18:39 09 Jul 03

Are you able to access the lycos site?

click here

You can try and open your emails via the web mail, unless you've already tried of course.

Yeah Paul, I can access but cannot open anything further, same with Yahoo.
I spoke to Tech Services, NTL who confirmed there are problems accessing secure servers such as Yahoo & Lycos from Cambridge & Colchester where I am. I'm no wiser.
Gareth

Valvegrid 06:43 11 Jul 03

That sounds a real pain! I think they must be having problems because I can't access this site from home here on NTL

click here

but at work there's no problem at all getting in.

Paul.

Valvegrid 06:44 11 Jul 03

Oh, forgot, I live in East London.

The plot thickens. What I really don't comprehend is how it's possible to access some but not other sites from the same area. Also that the problem ln fact lies with NTL!?
Should make it interesting when my bill pops through the letter box.
Gareth

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…