Are Tiscali Broadband telling Porkies

geewis357 15:02 11 Jun 05

Hi All,
I have been intouch with Tiscali over the past 3 days now and still geting the runeround. The other week I got a friend of mine up and running on the net, I also recomended he opt for the advertised 1mb conection and one week later the modem arived and I set him up no probs. I then realised that I was paying £5 a month more for half the speed, although I am closer to the exchange I dont get the extra speed. A tiscaly enginer says the line will take but the sales team says it wont. Is someone telling porky pies

DieSse 15:31 11 Jun 05

Is someone telling porky pies

Clearly they can't both be correct. Personally I'd trust the Engineer.

geewis357 15:34 11 Jun 05

You think as I do

geewis357 15:38 11 Jun 05

I wonder if there is a way I can check what bandwidth my line will take

DieSse 15:40 11 Jun 05

Try phoning Sales and telling them you live next door, and you haven't got BB - also say you've checked with an engineer at a friends house and he said your number would be OK - then see how keen they are to sign you up!

May prove instructive!

geewis357 16:22 11 Jun 05

I have just done what you sugested DieSse, the young lady in sales informed me my neigbour would have no problems sustaining a 2mb line, when I asked why I can't she spoke to a supervisor then told me there was no reason. Its just like that stupid advert on TV only For new customers only. What a rip off after 6years with the same ISP

DieSse 16:44 11 Jun 05

Threaten to cancel - usually works wonders.

geewis357 16:47 11 Jun 05

As I an typing my wife is geting info on other ISPs

Kenneth-266656 17:51 11 Jun 05

Try BT Yahoo - I signed up for the 512Kbps at £17.99 per month. For the same price I've ended up with a 2.2 Mbps - seems this is atandard where possible for BT

spuds 17:52 11 Jun 05

For the answer, run this check click here

I would suggest that you go into 'your account' within your Tiscali package, then upgrade to the 1mb service yourself. I transfered from 3x, and within 3 days I was running at about 1mb.

rawprawn 18:03 11 Jun 05

I am on tiscali 512 at £15.99 a month, BT say they can supply 2mb but tiscali say that due to technical problems it will be July before I can upgrade.I live only 300 metres from a new exchange. I think BT are making life difficult for tiscali, but tiscali just will not tell the truth there is always an excuse.Go to Tiscali/My account and look at upgrading your BB account, it may say July. If it does complain and threaten to change ISP. They will probably reduce your monthly charge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…