Are these PC speakers any good?

SAH 21:58 29 Jul 03

Can anyone tell me if these speakers are any good, as I can't find any reviews for them and I'm thinking of buying them.

click here

Not used the speakers myself,but Teac products are generally very good quality.

35W RMS Sub and 12.5W RMS satellites should be ample and create a fair bit of oomph!

Cheers.

SAH 22:57 29 Jul 03

Thanks for that Shirl, I was starting to wonder if anyone would answer me!

akzah 22:58 29 Jul 03

for 45 pounds from scan you can 4.1 or 5.1 Creative speakers, I would go with them any day.

Akbar

wee eddie 23:08 29 Jul 03

If you mean: Quality of reproduction, this depends totally on your sound card.

If you mean: Will the neighbours complain, this may depend on the speaker specification.

I have not yet come across a PC that can produce sound that compares with a hi-fi of anything more than mediocre quality.

I agree with Shirl @ Exiled-Gamers.co.uk, Teac have a strong reputation and I have Teac speakers in a system here for years.

SAH 23:43 29 Jul 03

wee eddie

When I said good, I suppose I mean't that they weren't of poor quality, but I understand what you mean about the soundcard (I think mine's a soundblaster)

But thanks for the advice!

Webmaster 00:55 30 Jul 03

The Creative SBLive 5.1 Digital or 5.1 Audigy card series with the 5.1 range of Creative speakers (such as the 5300 click here) beat the quality from a hi-fi any day.
With this combination, the sound is utterly exquisite, and it is the most riveting Dolby 5.1 home theater experience at such an unbelievable price.

Djohn 01:09 30 Jul 03

Have to agree with you,I sold my [Once] very expensive and well matched separates Hi-Fi system, and now use my PC with Soundblaster-live 5.1 plus Videologic ZX 500 speakers. The sound output is staggering, and the quality is excellent. j.

wee eddie 07:43 30 Jul 03

At the time I was listening to Floyd's More over a system of JBL monitors's with a Macintosh valve amp

simon1003 15:03 30 Jul 03

SAH, I bought the TEAC Powermax 1300 last Sunday, also bought a new scoundcard - Philips Sonic Edge - reduced from £34.99 to £24.99 at PC World. Review - click here

The sound out of these little speakers is awesome, clear as a bell, and the bass from the subwoofer literally shakes the windows at less than half volume.

The only problem I've had is that the power led on the remote has failed twice - don't know if I can be bothered exchanging the whole thing again just because of that though.

Tenner 11:03 01 Aug 03

If you're still looking - try good old click here - their offerings might be of interest to some.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…