Are these files needed in Temp Folder

Sparkly 08:54 17 Sep 07

Hi all after a little in house tidying over the weekend i noticed that one of the Temp folders has a file size of 1.59gbs, what i would like to know is are these files needed as they are in a temp folder and would it be safe to remove them?They were in C>Documents and Settings>User Name>Local Settings>Temp,the local settings folder being a hidden folder. Inside the Temp folder are subfolders of programmes that i have on the pc i.e Nero,NIS, these alone take up a 800+mbs, Also in another folder Application Data thier is a folder Google Earth that i have uninstalled sometime back has a dbCache Dat File of 220mb which i take would be safe to delete.
Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Taff™ 09:42 17 Sep 07

Use Ccleaner click here on a regular basis and much of the dross will be removed for you. If it doesn`t cler out the folders you mentioned I`m pretty sure you can remove them manually anyway. I`m 99% certain you don`t need them.

Sparkly 09:56 17 Sep 07

Thanks for your help Taff™ i have just downloaded CC but was unsure as if to leave all the boxes ticked in the default setting.

Taff™ 10:33 17 Sep 07

Default settings work fine for me but you will have to log back in to websites such as PCA because cookies are removed. You will also lose recently typed URL`s and the list of MRU`s - Most Recently Used Programs. No great shakes!

Sparkly 11:02 17 Sep 07

Thanks Taff™ great help.

justme 12:45 17 Sep 07

For the benefit of Sparkly and anyone else who is worried about deleting temporary files I would recommend copying them to a new directory called "oops" or something similar before deleting them.

Then if something does not work properly after deleting the files you at least have the option of copying them back again. On the other hand , if there is no adverse effects after a while you can then safely delete your copies.

Before anyone says that that is what the recycle bin is for, it can be set to delete the files immediately. If the user does not know which files can be deleted safely it is likely that they would not know whether or not the recycle bin keeps the copies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced