are there any problems running Mozilla?

bof:) 00:19 20 Oct 03

Hi all if you look at my previous posting:

click here

you can see that it's been suggested that I install and run Mozilla to solve the problem I have with the text on this site but I have a few questions that I would like answering please, I am running win98se.

1. Can you install Mozilla so that you have the icon on your desktop and have a choice between IE6 or Mozilla?

2. if using avg/ad aware/spybot etc are there any problems that any of them would have with Mozilla?

3. is Mozilla more susceptable to bugs and or virii?

4. anyone had any problems with Mozilla? If so, what.

many thanks (once again for any help given),

a grateful, Mike

leo49 00:30 20 Oct 03

1. Yes - you can run both at the same time if you want.

2. I've never experienced any.

3. Very much doubt it.

4. No

Goycoolea 01:10 20 Oct 03

(1) Yes.

(2) None at all.

(3) There are no virus problems. Mozilla has fewer gaping security holes - no Active eXploit support for a start. :) There are lots of bugs, but the Moz developers are completely open about this sort of thing. I don't want to think about what the IE bugzilla would look like.

(4) Hell yes! But not since around Mozilla 0.9.x.

BTW if you just want a browser, you might be better off with Mozilla Firebird which is more 'lean and mean'.

Gandalph 01:10 20 Oct 03

As above and you will probably find it runs faster than IE6 as well.

Mozilla is a wonderful browser and has many advantages over IE, however there are more than a few web designers who fail to make their sites netscape compliant but this usually means nothing worse than some overlapping objects or weird mistakes in the page layout. and if as you have envisioned you keep IE and Mozilla in the quicklaunch bar you can swiftly switch between the two.

At the end of the day your system will come to no harm if you instal it and give it a try.

and a small word as to the security, the majority of attacks are again Microsoft and well thats exactly what Mozilla isn't,
Happy surfin' H.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…