Are there any other uses for a wireless router ?

Covergirl 12:40 21 Apr 09

Just moved to TalkTalk so I got their kit. My Tiscali router is in vgc and pwo so what else can I do with it ?

I've only got 2 PCs and these are now linked wirelessly with the new d-link router, so a PC solution use for it might be out of the question.

I was hoping I might be able to modify it and use it as a wireless microphone or guitar receiver - I've got a usb wireless adaptor . . . or is this use fraught with difficulties and I shouldn't even think of it.

Anything else I can use it for ?

tullie 14:14 21 Apr 09

Whats vgc and pwo?

Tech Guy 14:40 21 Apr 09

Tullie

They are acronyms used in classified adverts.
vgc = Very Good Condition
pwo = Perfect Working Order

Covergirl.

The wireless router operates at a different wireless range (G - 2.4 GHZ and A - 5 GHZ) than a wireless microphone or wireless guitur (around 174/175 MHZ) so unless you are an electronic
wiz I would leave alone.

If you are interested in electronics get "Starting Electronics" by Keith Brindley. This is where I started - fascinating subject.

tullie 14:46 21 Apr 09

Thanks for info

Covergirl 21:03 21 Apr 09

I'll leave this on for another couple of days see what occurs . . . :)

splatter 14:13 23 Apr 09

Wireless print server to print wirelessly, Wi-Fi telephone for VoIP calls with the feel of using a normal phone

Just 2 suggestions :)

T0SH 20:36 24 Apr 09

If the router was supplied free or at low cost by Tiscali then it is almost certainly locked exclusively to their ISP service only

Cheers HC

T0SH 21:04 24 Apr 09

If the router was supplied free or at low cost by Tiscali then it is almost certainly locked exclusively to their ISP service only

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…