Are Printers & UNchipped cartridges still for sale

23790954 12:30 03 Dec 09

For nearly a year I have been using a Canon MP460
as my printer. It appears to be VERY heavy on the use of ink, and each ink cartridge is about £17.00 each. ONE colour and ONE black. These only last about 2 months, (I have kept a check on this), although I use the device very little, about 3 or 4 times weekly. As the cartridges are chipped, I cannot use alternative inks in it, or I continually receive a message on the monitor regarding the cartridges not being correct.
This week I decided to abandon the use of it, put it in the loft, and reconnected my old Canon i865 printer, which was several years old.
Yesterday was not my day, as having used my replacement Canon i865 printer for a few days, it actually packed up, and will no longer function.
This means that I now have to reconnect my Canon MP460, and buy a black ink cartridge plus a coloured ink cartridge, totalling about £36.00, which will only last about another 2 months, or buy a new printer, which has NOT got chipped cartridges allowing me to use alternative inks.
Are such printers WITHOUT chipped cartridges still available. Either Canon or Epson would suffice. OR
Is there ANY way of disabling the chips in chipped cartrides, allowing people to use non chipped cartrides in these devices, without continually getting messages on the monitor regarding using wrong cartridges.
All help on this matter would be very much appreciated.

Poitier 15:15 03 Dec 09

It is not what you are asking but have you considered using remanufactured or refilled cartridges.
http:click here

martjc 16:14 03 Dec 09

...then you can reuse your old cartridges at least several times.

It's a nuisance when you have a printer using chipped carts, because that's all it uses.
I solved it this way after a little research.

click here

martjc 16:28 03 Dec 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac