Are New Socket A Motherboards Strill Available

23790954 17:46 07 May 06

My MSI K7N2 Delta 2 motherboard is now about 18 months old, and although it is functioning 100%, I am considering buying a new up to date one which is capable of using SATA 300 instead of the present one using SATA 150. I am leaning towards a Gigabyte, as I have built several computers for my family, using Gigabyte boards, and they seem to be excellent. I have perused most of the websites where I usually purchase my computer components, but finding up to date Socket A motherboards is proving very difficult. Any suggestions please.
Thanks for anyone who takes the time to reply.

Diodorus Siculus 17:50 07 May 06

Socket A : Motherboards :Novatech
click here

Novatech have three but I'm not sure about the SATA 300 spec.

Diodorus Siculus 17:51 07 May 06

Sorry, just found the spec and they don't. :-(

yaesu 17:56 07 May 06

Hi, haven't looked in detail but here click here lists 10 socket a boards.
Regards, yaesu

ade.h 17:58 07 May 06

Because the SATA II and Socket A formats didn't overlap, you are very unlikely to find any board that contains them both. It's not out of the question, but motherboard manufacturers hardly ever produce a new model that uses a discontinued socket format. Such is the price of progress.

ade.h 17:59 07 May 06

click here There's one in Yaesu's list that claims to have SATA II.

Totally-braindead 18:00 07 May 06

I wouldn't bother, its a false economy as the Ahlon 64 chips are socket 939 and you'll be stuck with what CPU you have and have all the trouble with dismantling and reassembling etc. If you really want to get SATA 2 going on your PC you'd be better getting a PCI card SATA 2 controller card and using that. It would be cheaper and less hassle as long as you have a spare PCI slot. Otherwise wait and get a socket 939 board with SATA 2 and a new processor,

Totally-braindead 18:01 07 May 06

As does this and its a gigabyte click here

ade.h 18:03 07 May 06

My apolgies; that is a 775 board that Savastore's search system has erroneously included in the Socket A filter! click here Pity, but you might be out of luck.

ade.h 18:03 07 May 06

T-B; you've been caught out by it as well. That is a 775 also!

woodchip 18:13 07 May 06

19 boards click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…