Are Micro Filters different between Brand X & X

Giggle n' Bits 23:12 19 Jun 06

I use to be with Wanadoo Broadband using a SpeedTouch 300 ADSL
USB Modem and the Micro Filters all have Speedtouch ADSL Filter printed on them.

I have now changed to Force 9 and they supplied me with a BT Voyager 150 ADSL USB Modem and there Micro Filters have BT Logo and MF50 printed on.

I am using some of the Speedtouch ADSL Filters also the BT Micro Filters.

I have some teething problems with Force 9 which is a new service like problems connecting and worse if I am already on the telephone at the same time and sometimes pages can slow right down then speed up again.

Looking at the pins on the end of each of these Micro Filters the Speedtouch has 2 Gold Pins & The BT has 4 Gold Pins.

Does anyone happen to know if using the Speedtouch & Bt Filters together can cause problems.

rmcqua 09:05 20 Jun 06

"Does anyone happen to know if using the Speedtouch & Bt Filters together can cause problems."

I very much doubt it. The filters are designed to a pretty generic standard. 2 of the pins of the BT device will be unused.

spuds 10:22 20 Jun 06

I use a SpeedTouch 330 modem which was supplied with two 'branded' filters.The same applied to the Sagem [email protected] 800 E2T. Having a number of other telephone sockets, I use the Ebuyer cheapest variety (Ebuyer Quick Code 39530) which cost 89pence each. Never had any problems in the two/three years that I have used this combination.The cheapest seems to work as good as the dearest!.

You might find this interesting click here

Dipso 12:50 20 Jun 06

I was quite happily using the filter bundled with my Speedtouch (Excelsus Z-blocker) until I was upgraded to Max DSL. Despite having no previous problems once I was upgraded I found the noise levels on my line increasing when I used the phone, indicating that the filter wasn't doing its job. I hadn't noticed previously but Max connections are more sensitive to noise.

I swapped to the other bundled one which improved things but later decided to get the ADSL Nation XF-1e "The most advanced UK microfilter" from click here

If you can afford it, it is advisable to go for the filtered faceplate then you don't need to use the "dangly" type at all click here

However, I wouldn't think using 2 different brands would cause the problems you describe.

Giggle n' Bits 13:59 20 Jun 06

Dipso M8T

Dipso, I noticed last night someone called me and then while on the call I was unable to connect for a few attempts, to my new Force 9 service. It took 7 attempts total while on a call.

I don't think its a problem with my machine, wonder though I look at the BT Voyager in Hardware/device manager of windows XP Home and see the power management has a tick against the box "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" Should this really be unticked ?

should them ADSL Micro Filter Face Plates which are wall fitted be used to replace the danglt plug in type onto every socket where I use a dangly type of filter or on every phone socket even the unused sockets ?

Dipso 14:17 20 Jun 06

Are you on Max DSL?

Don't know about the power save question sorry.

The filtered faceplate replaces the existing removable BT faceplate on a newer style BT master socket. You connect all your phone extensions to the rear of this and this filters them all, no need for dangly bits ;) If you don't connect your modem at this socket you can connect the extension that you use for the modem to connectors A and B which are unfiltered.

You don't need to filter unused sockets.

They also sell these click here which replace the extension socket rather than the Master faceplate.

Giggle n' Bits 14:20 20 Jun 06

My Service is a 8MB one. But they say and

Giggle n' Bits 14:21 20 Jun 06

I was saying I have the force 9 Premier account which is a 8MB service but they say this depends on line conditions as I have found out. I get between 3.8 - 5.2 and a current now I have 4.1Mbps

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…