Are HP pulling my leg. processor speed

DaveBuxton 19:27 04 Apr 05

Two weeks ago I purchased a new HP t770 tower,which has a AMD Athlon 64 processor 3400+.
In the shop (Comet) I checked system spec in control panel and processor speed was showing 2.4Gh. On setting up unit when I got home I noticed system spec in control panel was showing processor speed as 1.8Gh ah! shop shut could not take it back till tomorrow.Tried again before taking it back next day and hey! processor speed showing 2.4Gh, so as not to look silly I thought try for a few more days.All seemed fine until Easter when I went on holiday. On my return today when I turned it on to check e-mails etc processor speed back to 1.8Gh. Rang HP support expecting them to say problem and engineer would call or give me returns number,instead told its thinking processor, and speed would fluctuate according to workload. ARE THEY TRYING TO PULL WOOL OVER MY EYE'S or is this correct

User-312386 19:32 04 Apr 05

Are you right clicking My Computer and selecting properties to see the Processor speed?

DaveBuxton 19:35 04 Apr 05

Yes or going into control panel

bluesbrother 19:42 04 Apr 05

AMD Athlon 64 Processor Utilities, AMD CPUInfo and AMD CPUID should tell you everything. click here

bluesbrother 19:47 04 Apr 05

"AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor Driver for Windows XP, Version (exe) 1.1.0.18 - AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor Driver for Windows XP allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination that match the instantaneous user performance need." Just noticed that.

JonnyTub 19:49 04 Apr 05

Doh!

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…