Are the dodgy 'WUs' safe to run now?

EFC1878 17:51 15 Aug 08

A while back I - like others - caught a cold through an automatic updates of 3 updates i.e. KB951748; KB951978 & kb890830.

Are these safe to run now - or do I exclude them from my manual updates?

Also is it worth runningSP3 which seems to be a large file especially if it is not worth it

Cheerrs

Giggle n' Bits 22:33 15 Aug 08

especially the critical ones. When people have problems it is usually caused by a 3rd part software problem, maybe internet securty or drivers.

I would back-up your work before hand so if anything does go awol you have your work docs safe also if you have lots of favourites, emails in outlook express do the same.

rdave13 23:01 15 Aug 08

Security updates are worth it in my opinion. Had problems installing SP3 but by skin of teeth got it working.
Problems arose in that I didn't disable all running security programs before installing SP3.
way to go in my opinion is to download SP3 from here; click here , then disconnect from the internet and disable ALL real-time scanning security programs, including antispyware ones.
Install SP3 and once up and running then reboot and your disabled security progs. should start automatically then reconnect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac