Are document template sub-folders possible

Stevie D 14:20 21 Nov 03

Hi, I am comfortable in saving a MS Word 2000 document as a template and using it to start a new document based on that template by using File>>New.

However, I am going to need to have different sets of templates for different sets of users. Still using the File>>New route is is possible to group templates in sub folders (or by some other method) so that one group of users can have the templates intended for them grouped together while another group of users can have all their templates grouped together.

Each machine is networked and is used by many differemt users.

Thanks in anticipation,

Steve

johnnyrocker 14:37 21 Nov 03

what office system? if 2000 there is the facility under templates to create ones own i believe?.

johnny.

Simsy 16:15 21 Nov 03

but I have Office 2000 at home.

The default folder for templates is;

C:\Windows\application data\Microsoft\templates

If I create a folder inside this, this folder appears as a seperate tab when selecting via the "File>New" route.

(I suspect it will depend on whether the application is installed locally on each machine or not.)

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…