are cover disks time limited ?

Ikelos 18:42 31 May 06

hi,i have a cover disk of "ABBYY Finereader 4 professional" Which i now want to use, filled the form in, but have heard nothing, so can not move on.......now, please dont laugh, but the disk is dated 2002, am i stuffed? thank you..

sunny staines 18:48 31 May 06

some mag cover disks have to run within set time limits others unlimited. Depends on the contract with the mag to run it on the free cd.

I very rarely use mag cd's.

Ikelos 18:51 31 May 06

thanks, looks like i might have had it..oh well, back to the drawing board...

COOKMASTER 19:11 31 May 06

anyone else had problems getting the serial code for cover disc on march issue re the encyclopedie disc.
cant seem to find the question to answer on the site directed to.
help!!!!!!

MIke 19:24 31 May 06

Not sure how good a job this software does at OCR but there is a freeware version maybe worth you tryiong.

click here

Ikelos 19:32 31 May 06

Thanks, i will give that a go............

Totally-braindead 20:58 31 May 06

The cover disks are not time limited in the sense that they will stop working but can be time limited in the sense of having to register, if you don't register it within a reasonable period of time the link will not work hence you can't get a serial number.

What I always do is have a gander at what is on the disk, if theres something I think I might want I then register it and write the serial number on the inside of the cover. That way I have no problem. I have utilities from a couple of years ago that will still work if I reinstall them because I have the serial number.

Ikelos 21:23 31 May 06

good point, I will remember for next time, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…