Are cookies bad for health ?

gel 06:39 AM 02 Jul 11

Are cookies bad for the health of my computer?

Ccleaner has a facility for saving or deleting cookies during a scan

Are there good and bad cookies

If I allow all cookies will I have a problem

Nontek 07:19 AM 02 Jul 11

I personally never mess with my cookies, other than running what I call 'soft' disk cleaning utilities such as Glary Utilities. I have never had any problems as a result.

morddwyd 07:40 AM 02 Jul 11

I don't allow third party cookies, and regularly clean tracking and advertisers; cookies.

They've no need to store stuff, no matter how insignificant, on my computer.

Many other cookies - log in details, site personalisation, browser preferences etc are more helpful.

I would hate to have to log in and set this site up just the way I want it every time I visit.

morddwyd 07:44 AM 02 Jul 11

PS There is a neat little programme called CookiePal which gives you more control, but I don't think it works with Win 7.

BT 08:44 AM 02 Jul 11

CCleaner lets you manage your cookies quite effectively.

Tell it which ones you want to keep and which ones you don't.

gengiscant 09:01 AM 02 Jul 11

Only if you eat to many.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:04 PM 02 Jul 11

Are cookies bad for health ?

I hope not, they always make me feel much better, especially the double choc chip ones. :0)

I only have one cookie saved with Ccleaner and that's the one for this site as it saves me having to log in every time.

The others drive me crazy as most of them are tracking cookies so they have to go.

gel 17:02 PM 02 Jul 11

Thank you very much for all your comments both those to do with computers and those to do with our diet They were all very enjoyable Cheers gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…