are ADSL modems all the same ??

Magik ®© 11:51 03 Jul 05

hi, If i get another adsl modem will it work ok with BT BB..owing to what might be a problem with my voyager wireless router, I dont think there is a fault, but i have no way of finding it might be easier to get a compact type of modem to check...and then keep it as a spare....

leo49 12:09 03 Jul 05

They'll all do the same job - you can pick up a spare for peanuts on Ebay.I bought a US Robotics modem/router for £8 last week and a PCI adsl modem £for 2.25. Alcatel frogs are cheap as chips.

click here

Magik ®© 12:18 03 Jul 05

leo49 12:24 03 Jul 05

Just to add - I've had the 3 sorts I mentioned plus a wireless modem/router working on my PCs to the same 2mb line so you'll have no problem.

CurlyWhirly 12:28 03 Jul 05

This is good news as the BT Voyager ADSL modem that I use now was free from my ISP.
At least I am safe in the knowledge that if anything went wrong with it, I could buy another one even if it's a different make or model and it would probably still work!

joethebow 12:35 03 Jul 05

Just so long as you get the modem drivers with it.

CurlyWhirly 19:59 03 Jul 05

[QUOTE]Just so long as you get the modem drivers with it.

If you didn't get the modem drivers with it I suppose you could always download them from the manufacturers website, as long as you know the modem make and model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…