//some 3rd party need geo

Is Arctic Silver 3 any good?

phoenix_one 21:41 29 Sep 03

Having read the post below saying that I should use the thermal pad with the heasink I am confused.

I am looking to build a PC with an 2600+ to 3000+ Barton using the aero7+ cooler.

I know there are many ppl against this cooler but I will not be disuaded at all very easily.

What I want to know is whether I should purchase artic silver 3 to use instaed of the pad as it is highly recommended on many of the sites i regulary visit.

The Spires 21:51 29 Sep 03

click here
Under thermal compounds section.

Giggle n' Bits 21:58 29 Sep 03

I have used Arctic Silver (V1 still on the same tube for about 2 years now).

If you buy a PIB = Processor in a box (Retail) this will have the thermal paste stuff entact, but if you fit it then remove and refit the Heatsink over the CPU you will need to clean off the stuff and apply a new dressing.

If you buy a OEM CPU and Heatsink you will have to apply the Themal Arctic Silver ur self.

Have a look at the following for the genuine site for Arctic Silver:-

click here

Giggle n' Bits 22:00 29 Sep 03
  MAJ 22:35 29 Sep 03

Have a look at these videos from AMD, phoenix_one, they may help you decide. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…