Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro install issues

jay2125 17:37 08 Jul 08

just received my New h/s fan the freezer 7 pro, installed it ok, but when i turned on my pc, it would get as far as the bios, then it would shutdown. the temperature was reaching as high as 102C .could anyone help me with this issue?

ASUS P5LD2, 4GB RAM, MSI NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS, WD160GB HDD, Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro hsf

citadel 17:42 08 Jul 08

you must not have it installed properly and the safety mechanism for the cpu is auto shutting down.

mrwoowoo 18:48 08 Jul 08

Did you remember to plug it into the motherboard?
citadel is probably right as they are a pain to install.
The white plastic lugs that go into the motherboard can be bent and end up laying across the fixing hole as it is not easily seen.
Look inside and try to lift each leg to see if it's secure.
I practised pushing the fixings down and turning them to lock first as the retaining clips that stop them popping up are small and have to be in the right place..

I am Spartacus 19:59 08 Jul 08

Although requiring motherboard removal to fit the backplate, this should give a more secure mounting click here

I only found these recently.

MarvintheAndroid 22:50 08 Jul 08

Agree Citadel. The thermal interface between the CPU die and the heatsink has not formed correctly. You need to remove the heatsink from the CPU and re-fit it correctly, with thermal grease etc. The temperature should drop immediately when you next boot.

Marv.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017