Archos Tablet Wireless Issues

Rob Gibson 08:08 AM 24 Mar 13

Hi All,

I've been asked to look at my neighbour's Archos 97 Carbon tablet.

The unit will not connect to the internet.

Wireless shows as connected and working, and the router (BT HH3) shows the device's details on the wireless connections list.

However, there is no internet access. It will not even navigate to the router's set-up page (typing in the ip address), and shows "Web Page Not Available".

The Archos's wireless set-up is very simple, asking only for the wireless key. There doesn't appear to be anything else to change.

My laptop and iPod Touch both connect and work normally.

This situation occurs on both my and my neighbour's network.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

mgmcc 20:12 PM 24 Mar 13

Is the tablet using compatible settings with the networks you're trying to connect to, e.g. 802.11n WiFi and WPA/WPA2 encryption?

Rob Gibson 09:44 AM 25 Mar 13

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes all settings are correct, and the network type and encryption are compatible.

From another PC I can see the tablet's ip address and MAC address on the router's set-up page. The tablet's settings show Wi-Fi connected and give the Wi-Fi speed and signal strength. From this I infer that the tablet is connected to my Wi-Fi network.

Having done some reading online, it seems that these particular tablets do have certain Wi-Fi issues, but I can't find any solutions posted.

I think I shall tell the owner to take the thing back to the shop and ask for a replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…