Archiving Outlook Express Mail

AP22 10:42 27 Jan 04

I keep all my past email messages in a carefully built hierarchy of folders. It is surprising how often this pays dividends by being able to refer back.

In view of the size the mailbox is reaching I now want to archive old messages to a CD. However, I want to be able to have easy access to these messages as and when required without having to import them all back into Outlook Express.

What is the best way for me to do this please?

scotty 10:59 27 Jan 04

If your old e-mails are a valuable source of reference, you should be backing them up already! The e-mails are stored in files with the same names are your directories in OE with an extension of dbx (e.g. Inbox.dbx). The location of these files may differ but will probably be under profiles. A search of C:\ for Inbox.dbx should point you in the right direction. To back-up your e-mails just copy the .dbx files to CD.

With OE things can slow down if you have too many files in a directory. If you need ready access to old files, I suggest you create new directories in OE for files from 2003, 2002 etc. This should reduce the slow down problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…