Archived emails-where are they?

wotbus@ 17:35 15 May 04

wotbus@ 17:40 15 May 04

Ooops. Pressed the wrong button. XP and Outlook. Until now I have been happily saying "Yes" to the prompt "archive old stuff now"? when in Outlook. I now have occasion to refer back to a saved item but can't find it! The paperclip tells me to click on Archived in Folders but there are no emails there! Is anyone able to help please.
Thanks in advance.

VoG II 17:44 15 May 04

Have a look for C:\Documents and Settings\Default\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

wotbus@ 17:50 15 May 04

Thanks VoG. Will give it a try. Do you just open a .pst file with notepad?

VoG II 17:53 15 May 04

Not sure. Try Customize Outlook Today, Choose Folders button and you should be able to add Archived

wotbus@ 18:00 15 May 04

OK VoG™ and thanks again. Will check later as its sunny and outside aperitif time here. Chrs.

wotbus@ 18:08 15 May 04

Groan. Just had a look in Options\Other\AutoArchive and there was a tick in the "Delete expired items (email folders)" box!!! so perhaps everything I have been archiving has just gone into the ether...
Thanks for your help VoG™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…