Archive old files in Outlook

Brian-336451 20:21 11 Mar 03

Does anyone know if, when you archive old emails etc, does the 'new' archive file overwrite the 'old' Archive.pst file, or simply append it?

I REALLY hope its the latter, otherwise I've goofed big time.

recap 20:31 11 Mar 03

Extration from Outlook Help:

'When you archive, your existing folder structure is maintained in your new archive file. If there is a parent folder above the folder you chose to archive, the parent folder is created in the archive file, but items within the parent folder are not archived. In this way, an identical folder structure exists between the archive file and your mailbox. Folders are left in place after being archived, even if they are empty'.

Hope that helps?

Brian-336451 08:35 12 Mar 03

What I'm concerned about and not quite sure is:

Does the existing Archive get overwritten by the new? From what you're saying, it appears that data doesn't actually get lost (which is logical really) because in creating the same folder structure, it would just add to the existing archive.

Methinks I better head for MS Help online.

Thanks for your help thus far!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…