Aquiring Media Player 11

nagonlouse 19:25 31 Jul 07

Since my computer crash about a fortnight ago i`m reinstalling the things that did not get backed up, one of them is Media Player 11. The reinstall disk has put MP 10 back but I would like 11 please. I get as far as opening the download file and it tells me to (get update Roll Up 2 for Windows XP Media centre edition 2005 before installing WMP 11. Any help please would be appreciated. As you can tell I`m running Windows XP Media centre Edition.

Woolwell 19:27 31 Jul 07

The roll up for Media Centre is part of the optional windows updates.

skidzy 19:28 31 Jul 07

Have you visted Microsoft update since reinstall,if not make this your first port of call.

mfletch 19:30 31 Jul 07

You might have difficulty installing Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP on a computer running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 if you have not installed the most recent Windows updates.

If you encounter problems installing Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP on a computer running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, try installing the updates mentioned in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:

• Article 900325, "Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005"

• Article 925766, "October 2006 Update Rollup for Windows XP Media Center Edition"

In addition, go to Windows Update and install any other recommended updates.

click here

hope this helps

mfletch

nagonlouse 19:36 31 Jul 07

mfletch Yes I`ve been all through that and had 77 updates to download and the very last one Roll up 2 after numerous attempts said failed. Will try your other suggestions though, Thanks.

nagonlouse 19:31 03 Aug 07

I have ticked as resolved as I have done all as suggested but still cannot get Media Player 11. Thanks to all.

nagonlouse 19:40 03 Aug 07

Thanks to all.

Stuartli 23:38 03 Aug 07

Have you attempted to download WMP11 from:

click here

nagonlouse 14:45 04 Aug 07

I have tried all suggestions and to no avail. All I get is download Windows Update Roll Up 2 which it wont let me do. I had MP11 before the crash. Thanks to all I`ll tick as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now