Apps to repair XP

iqs 14:49 11 Dec 09

Just wondering if anyone has one of those apps that allegedly finds and repairs any issues it finds with XP ?
If yes,did it work and what was is called.

Cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 11 Dec 09

If a decent one existed we helproom members would all have been out of a job.

:0)

Graphicool1 16:09 11 Dec 09

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ said, I don't think there is any such thing as real magic yet? But if you do happen to stumble across some, be sure to let us know!

In the meantime though, do you have a specific problem that we might be able to help you with? If so ask away. ¦¬)

Clapton is God 16:12 11 Dec 09

Notwithstanding Fruit Bat's cynicism, have you tried sfc /scannow ?

GaT7 17:31 11 Dec 09

After most options are exhausted, the best one I found is called a 'fresh reinstall'. G

iqs 18:31 11 Dec 09

Hi and thanks for the help.

I don't have a specific problem with my PC,just have a few minor issues which sfc /scannow wont address.I was thinking of opting for a repair install,but have known this to make things worse.

I think a fresh install is a little drastic at this present time.I cloned the OS/HDD when I reinstalled it last December,I could connect this HDD,but don't fancy reinstalling all the apps.

So hence the thread for an app that will fix XP.

Thanks all for advice

Graphicool1 18:02 13 Dec 09

Have you tried running 'CHECKDISC'...

Click on 'My Computer'
Right click C: (your OS drive)
In menu click 'Properties'
Click the 'Tools' tab
Under 'Error Checking' click 'Check Now'
click the box next to...
'Automatically Fix File System Errors'
Click 'Start'
A notice will say it can't do it until the next time you boot. Click 'Yes' and reboot

iqs 14:19 14 Dec 09

Hi,have used chkdsk many times,it does its best, but I'm not 100% happy with the results,thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009