Approach won't work with Vista

ernieernie 16:36 01 Jun 07

I have just got a new computer which has Windows Vista installed and amongst the glitches that I half expected is that Lotus Approach isn't accepted by Vista, at least not version 9.
Does anyone know of a way out of this or is there a later version of Approach which will work?
Also my scanner which is Agfa Snapscan e50 while it shows up on screen, fails to move when I say go! This in spite of downloading the new version 2 from Agfa.
You guys have helped me before and I am pinning my hopes on you!

TonyV 19:00 01 Jun 07

There was a problem with Approach in XP in that there were certain functions that were not operating. I can only suggest that you go to the Lotus site, via IBM and see if they have a patch to suit the Version 9 Millennium edition that you have.

TonyV

ernieernie 13:47 03 Jun 07

TonyB
Thanks for taking an interest.
You will be pleased to know that Approach is now working ok. The secret apparently is to tell it you are the administrator. After that there was no problem.

TonyV 16:01 03 Jun 07

That's good to hear!

TonyV

TonyV 16:14 03 Jun 07

As a matter of interest, at what stage did you tell it you were the Administrator, and how did you do it in Approach?

Thanks

TonyV

ernieernie 08:24 06 Jun 07

TonyV
I think the word administrator appeared when Approach was opening. I don't recall seeing the word during the setup. You know how it is, you do something and it suddenly works and then you think "it's working so leave it alone!"

ernieernie 10:13 06 Jun 07

TonyV
I have just tried again and when you first run setup from the CD you get an option (tick the box) to allow multiple users, that is before you even choose which programs to load.
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…