Appreciation

one23 07:47 08 Jul 04

This is my 1000th visit to this Forum. My thanks to everyone who has helped me. One of the things I like about this Forum is that if I have posted a question , which to experienced members may have seemed basic or just plain daft , the replys have always been considered and courteous. At no time have I ever been made to feel an idiot.

My computer knowledge has increased dramatically as a result of this .

Thank you all.

User-312386 08:22 08 Jul 04

Now thats nice :-)

When i first came here, i did not know what HDD meant, asked the question and loads of people just told me without a single sarcastic remark

I also wondered what windows9x was, i thought it was a superior operating system.

That was 3 years ago and my wealth of knowledge on PC's has somewhat increased.

norman47 08:25 08 Jul 04

on you 1000th. visit.:-)

I am sure your computer knowledge is more than you modestly admit to.

I try to remember, years ago, when my area manager asked me to start the pc and promptly left the room. I had never touched one in my life. I was pressing every key on the keyboard to try and start the dam thing. Ice cold sweat dripped down my back. To this no question is simple. I would of gladly given a months salary to someone who could tell me how to switch the dam thing on. lol

jack 08:29 08 Jul 04

This is the joy of a forum like this.
That 'daft q' may well be the one I was going to ask but hesitated .
Also when someone does ask a Q and I put up my opinion which may well as daft as the question the correct answer shows us all the way.
that is what is called total egdukation.;-)
J

Sapins 08:32 08 Jul 04

I totally agree with you.

This forum isn't the best thing since sliced bread, it's better.

end 08:34 08 Jul 04

likewise....

and I have some questions I am thinking "do I ask this or....."

Scotsman 08:54 08 Jul 04

Sapins, what's this about 'sliced bread'? When was that released? Can I download it for free?

SirGalahad2004 12:21 08 Jul 04

since i first visited this Forum . my problem isn't switching the computer off , it's turning the damn thing off .

SirGalahad2004 12:22 08 Jul 04

since i first visited this Forum . my problem isn't switching the computer on , it's turning the damn thing off .

oopps lol

one23 14:53 08 Jul 04

I really must learn how to spell !!

should be "replies" , not replys. Anyway it was early in the morning.

end 15:43 08 Jul 04

( my cheque in the post please!!!!)
as to switching the thing ON...its made of " modern-day plastic", and has bits of metal and plastic in it and a tail of probably white cable coming out OF it; it SHOULD have three knobs sticking out of it; you then find a similarly shaped area on your wall with three holes; you attempt to push the "modern-day plastic" into IT, and press the small rectangle of white that is next TO it ; then find the knob on your computer ( assuming that you have pushed the computer flex into the wall socket) and press the knob, at which stage the thing might decide to spring into life.............(assuming there is an active fuse in the plug),........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…