Appologies for the misleading title

wams 23:03 24 Oct 06

As the forum editor says i am new to the forum "fresh out the Packet" maybe i was over exaggerating about what i wanted to do to my computer. Over the past couple of hours ive downloaded RegCure, Registry Mechanic, VersionTracker, Everest and they have all found 200 - 900 Errors, i just dont know where to start to repair the errors, thats why i rudley suggested a complete overhaul. With regards to my Packard Bell ixtreme 9100i and with our technology available would i need to buy new or just upgrade 1 or 2 components to fit in this extremeley fast growing market.

Koochy 23:09 24 Oct 06

It depends on your level of expertise. There are actually some people on this forum that still use windows 98 (I am sure i have read this in previous posts) on their pc's and other people still using older machines that they are very happy with.
Have you tried formatting the hard drive and doing a clean install of windows? This maybe all it needs.

Koochy

anskyber 23:13 24 Oct 06

The advice you received on your other thread is sound. It is just as well to make what you have work as well as it can.

Your system is not that bad and it all depends on what you want to use it for in any case. Have you an idea of what you want from your PC ( internet/games/high performance?) in the future, if so let us have it here and there are better people than I who will give good advice on a good PC for you.

In the meantime have a look at this click here and it might explain why some responses came as they did. I should add there are some very, very helpful types who did respond and remember we all have on off day!

Koochy 23:15 24 Oct 06

As I said in your previous thread try click here
They are offering some great deals at the minute on a pc that you want as you can choose what you want in it and to add to that you will get a warranty with your new toy.

Koochy

Vangeliska 23:33 24 Oct 06

On the other hand, some of our Club Members might like to!

woodchip 00:18 25 Oct 06

If you want some know how on Win98se It's ME. this comp I am using is Win98se. I have also two XP comps but like 98se

woodchip 00:31 25 Oct 06

If you have anything important, Save it then do a Fresh install 98se likes that, and you will think you got a new comp after. If you want to go that route tell me tomorrow as I am off to bed now

centon 01:25 25 Oct 06

I agree with you. As wams was a new member it should have been obvious to anyone with half a functioning brain cell that he probably would not be familiar with forum rules. Unfortunately there are some pompous members who have a grandiose sense of their own importance.

terryf 03:34 25 Oct 06

For a friend, I priced up a new system complete with printer for £365.86
click here?

woodchip 10:27 25 Oct 06

We all have bad day's. So it's best to let it drop

anskyber 10:31 25 Oct 06

I agree, one member in particular is highly regarded and to be honest it proves he's human!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…