Applying music to slide shows

johnhannah 15:23 PM 21 Jun 11

I am using windows 7. I cannot apply music from windows media in a slide show. I am gettiong the message that I have not got the necessary codex. I have tried this on Pro Show Gold and Photoshop Elements 7 to no avail. Can anyone help ?

johndrew 15:29 PM 21 Jun 11

Perhaps downloading one of the free codex packs below will resolve the problem for you:

link text

link text

Or for a large selection link text

David4637 16:18 PM 21 Jun 11

You could use Windows Live Movie Maker. A free download from MS, which uses a storybook video editor, that you can also display photos, add transitions, a title, create a menu, AND ADD YOUR OWN MUSIC.Its very good and you can burn to DVD. David

johnhannah 19:12 PM 21 Jun 11

Tried it David still no joy. Tried Picasa too with no joy. Thank you for your participation

David4637 12:15 PM 22 Jun 11

I think you need to convert the music to *.mp3, I know that works in WLMM, becuase I use it to play as the photos are displayed. David

anchor 16:25 PM 22 Jun 11

What is the format of your music file?. These, (according to Microsoft), will work in Windows Live Movie Maker.

Windows Media Audio (WMA) files .asf, .wm, and .wma

Pulse?code Modulation (PCM) files .aif, .aiff, and .wav

Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) files .m4a

MP3 files .mp3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…