Apply folder options to many (but not all) folders

User-225361 16:28 29 Oct 06

Seemingly a simple task - can anyone tell me how (or suggest a utility) to copy folder folder options from one folder to many at once. Ideally to all folders below the current one, but not to all folders on the computer.

Thanks in advance....

squareye 23:55 29 Oct 06

Folder options as available from the control panel? There are a variety of options, which ones do you wish to apply to which folders? E.g Single click to open an item- you want this to only happen in some folders?
I think most, if not all, the things are system wide, but maybe you could be more specific.

User-225361 06:48 30 Oct 06

Thanks for the response. Once I have set up a folder to my liking (columns, column order, details etc) I would then like to set other folders to match those options. Unfortunately, the tools within windows eplorer only give me the option of applying those settings to all folders on my PC. Whereas I want to apply them to only the folders below the one I have just set up.

squareye 23:28 30 Oct 06

Not what you asked but worth a look as it's easy to set views of attributes etc.
Free commander is an Explorer replacement
click here

User-225361 06:55 31 Oct 06

Thanks again for the reply - that was what I asked for but perhaps not clearly enough. Freecommander looks interesting but I really do not want to get to grips with another program.

I did try a script that I found online that supposedly did what I wanted, although when I tried it I had no success.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…